Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cake delivery to the Bronx New York around the corner from the new Yankee Stadium

Let me begin by saying I am a big Mets fan. I love baseball and I am really glad the season is on its way already. The winter just seems so long with out the boys of summer. Making a Mr. Met Grooms cake last year was pretty cool. We have made a few Yankee Jersey cakes as well. Not as much fun as Mr. Met. I cant help but be in amazed by the new stadiums.. I took this picture while driving up past the new stadium on my way to drop off a cake around the corner. With all the history the Yankees have. Any baseball fan can appreciate no matter who you root for. I could not help wonder what it was like then. The old stadium. I visited the older stadium so many time. I always enjoyed the history. Now I realize what people must of felt then. When Yankee stadium was built the first time. When Shea replaces game at the Polo Grounds. I now have a chance to take my kids to these new stadiums and they will never forget it. This is one of the great parts of delivering the cakes. You get to see the world around you. Go to parts of the state I would normally never have been. There is so much history old and new in New Jersey and New York. Delivering our custom cakes thoughout the tri state area is a lot of fun. I am really enjoying this.

No comments: